This post will give you the guidelines on how to join us army for non citizen, so if you have been looking for the US Army recruitment for foreigners we have it all covered in this post today. Do you know that you can join the U.S. Army even if you are not a citizen of the United States? If you are interested, then this post is for you. The American military system is such that it offers non-citizens opportunity to join the U.S Army as an enlisted soldier in as much as you meet the required specific legal immigration requirements. The only pitfall is that non-citizens cannot become commissioned officers in the U.S. military plus they are restricted from classified occupational specialties.
Requirements for Joining the U.S. Military as A Foreigner
To join the enlisted ranks, for US Army recruitment for foreigners, here are some of the requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder
- Non-citizens must speak, read, and write English fluently.
- Non-citizens must currently live in the U.S.
- Be in good health
- Be 17 to 40 years old (different branches have different age requirements)
- Have a high school diploma (some branches will accept a GED)
- Pass the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test
- To join as an officer, you must also have attended college.
Steps on how to join us army for non citizen- US Army recruitment for foreigners
1. You have to be a permanent legal resident living in the U.S. with work permit. Student or tourist visas cannot be used for enlistment into any of the U.S. military.
2. As a non-citizen, you must meet up with the same standards of education and physical fitness exercise as a normal American citizen.
3. You should possess a valid Permanent Residence Card- form I-551 (also known as a Green Card) or Immigration cards. This will help prove you resident status. You will not be permitted to begin formal military training until your legal permanent resident status is established
4. Once verified, apply to join the enlisted ranks of the U.S. Army.
5. If you want to become a commissioned officer, you would have to denounce your country’s citizenship and apply for U.S. citizenship to be eligible to become a commissioned Army officer in the U.S military.
The American military system is such that it accomodates different kinds of persons as long as you meet their stipulated requirements
Searches Related to How to Join US Army as a Non Citizen
- how to join the us army from another country
- join us army without green card
- us army application for foreigners
- join us army foreigner
- join us navy without green card
- can you get your citizenship by joining the military
- us army recruitment for foreigners 2019
- can you join the military without a green card
For more information on How to Join US Army for Non Citizens-US Army Recruitment for Foreigners stay updated to this site