Hello how long have you been searching for the San Francisco Police Department Hiring Process for jobs & Recruitment? Are you so interested in knowing when the San Francisco police recruitment will kick off? Do you wish to gain an employment in San Francisco police department? Then you will have to read through this article to understand some of the San Francisco Police Department Hiring Process for jobs in order to make you more prepared for the job.
About the San Francisco Police Dept
The San Francisco Police Department (SFPD) has an authorized force of over 1,900 officers. Youth engagement and community policing are major focus areas for the SFPD, which runs such initiatives as the SFPD Community Police Academy, the SF Police Activities League, and the SFPD Wilderness Adventure Youth Program.
The department also runs a summer intern program for high school students. Thus, it is through this mechanism that crime is being avoided in San Francisco.
SFPD Recruitment General Requirements Process
- The first thing to do is to complete and online form for the registration.
- Then sit for the examination on the scheduled date.
- You will have to appear for the interview.
- Go through some examinations.
- Pass the medical text which includes the sight test, hearing test.
- Then go through the academy training and complete it.
Other Related Jobs in U.S | U.S Jobs near me
Educational Requirements for San Francisco Police Department Hiring Process for jobs & Recruitment
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident alien.
- Must be at least 20 years old.
- Must not be an ex-convict.
- Possess the required CGPA.
San Francisco Police Department Salary Scale
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary for police officers in the San Francisco metropolitan area was $108,150 as of 2015. The starting salary for officers with the SFPD is $83,018, with annual step increases up to a maximum of $115,544 after seven years of service.
San Francisco Officer Job Description
San Francisco police officers protect people and property in the San Francisco area. They are entrusted with enforcing laws, fighting crime, and providing assistance during emergencies. There are several divisions within the SFPD with specialized duties that can be a fit for diverse career goals. SFPD officers may qualify to serve in such units as Motorcycle Enforcement, the SWAT Team, the Canine Unit, the Mounted Patrol, the Explosives Ordinance Disposal Unit, or the Marine Unit. They may also apply to serve in the Airport Bureau or SFPD Training Academy.
How to Apply for San Francisco Police Department Hiring
If you have passed the necessary qualifications and you wish to apply for the job at SFPD, you can use the link below to make your application though their official website.
Disqualification Factors from San Francisco Police Department Hiring
- If you are not a U.S citizen of any form, then do not apply for the academy or the job
- If you have been convicted of a crime of possession of fire arms or related offenses
- Applicants below the age of 20 years
- Applicants with Tattoos and other scary marks on the body