United States Postal Service is recruiting a PSE mail processing clerk based in Los Angeles U.S.A. Thus it is very crucial that you understand few information about the job that you want to apply for before you go ahead and make the application online.
Thus the essence of this article is to simply educate you about the united states PSE mail processing clerk in Los Angeles U.S.A
If this job requires qualification on an examination, the number of applicants who will be invited to take or retake the examination may be limited.
United States Postal Service | PSE mail Processing Clerk Job Details
Job Title: PSE MAIL PROCESSING CLERK
Facility Location: LOS ANGELES
7001 S CENTRAL AVE
LOS ANGELES, CA 90052-9998
5555 BANDINI BLVD
BELL GARDENS, CA 90201-9996
- NSE(Nigerian Stock Exchange) Recruitment for jobs 2018/2019
- BPP Recruitment 2018
- NNPC Recruitment 2018 /2019 for nigerians
- EFCC recruitment 2018 application portal
CONTACT INFORMATION: MELISSA MADERE, MELISSA.H.MADERE@USPS.GOV
Title: PSE MAIL PROCESSING CLERK
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
Occupation Code: 2395-0018
Non-Scheduled Days: Varies
United States Postal Service | PSE mail Processing Clerk| Los Angeles Jobs Near me Benefits
Non-career 360-day term with possibility of reappointment. May lead to career position. Benefits include paid time off at the rate of 1 hour for every 20 hours in pay status, holiday pay for 6 holidays, and pay raises per APWU National Agreement. Immediately eligible for the USPS Health Benefits Plan with a Postal premium contribution.
Upon a conditional reappointment to a second 360-day term after a break in service of no more than 5 days, eligible for: health insurance under FEHB with Postal premium contributions towards the APWU CDHP; dental and vision insurance through FEDVIP; flexible spending accounts through FSAFEDS and long term care insurance through the FLTCIP. May receive Wounded Warrior leave provided eligibility criteria are met.
SALARY RANGE: $17.19 per hour paid bi-weekly
FINANCE NUMBER: 54531
Persons Eligible to Apply
- All U.S. Citizens, permanent resident aliens, citizens of American Samoa or any other territory owing allegiance to the United States
- Applicants must be available for screening activities, including an interview. Applicants entitled to veterans’ preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act may apply for any posted position.
- Applicants must apply online at www.usps.com/employment to be considered for this employment opportunity.
- You must have a valid email address to apply as communication regarding employment opportunities, examinations, interviews and background checks will be conveyed by email.
- Please add the following email domain addresses to your contact list to allow all correspondences to be received @usps.gov @psionline.com @geninfo.com @uspis.gov
EXAM REQUIRED: If you are invited to take this test, instructions regarding the exam process will be sent to you via email.
Please ensure you can receive email messages from our test vendor and follow instructions carefully so you can be considered for this employment opportunity.
NOTICE SCREENINGS REQUESTED: You may receive multiple requests for background checks in regards to this employment opportunity. Respond to all requests quickly as we anticipate filling our vacancies quickly and non-responses may result in disqualification for this opportunity.
Current non-career Postal Service employees who wish to apply for this vacancy must go to usps.com/employment and use your existing eCareer Profile to apply.
Do not log into LiteBlue; if you logged into LiteBlue, log out and close your browser before going to usps.com/employment.
Duties and Responsibilities of United States Postal Service | PSE mail Processing Clerk| Los Angeles Jobs Near me
1. Makes one or more sortations of outgoing and/or incoming mail using the appropriate sort program or manual distribution scheme.
2. On a rotation basis, performs all of the following duties: loads mail onto automated equipment, culling out non-processableitems; enters sort plan and starts equipment; monitors flow of mail to ensure continuous feed; sweeps separated mail from bins stackers; and stops equipment when distribution run or operation is completed. Runs machine reports, clears jams and contacts maintenance for assistance when required.
3. Prepares work area, ensuring all necessary support equipment and materials, including labels, trays, and other containers, are in place.
4. Removes sorted mail from bins or separations and places into appropriate trays or containers for further processing or dispatch based on knowledge of operating plans and dispatch schedules, or at the instruction of supervisors or expediters; may riffle or verify mail to ensure sortation accuracy as needed.
5. In addition, may perform any of the following duties: provide service at public window for non-financial transactions; maintain records of mails; examine balances in advance deposit accounts; and record and bill mail requiring special service.
6. Follows established safe work methods, procedures and safety precautions while performing all duties.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Central Time, of the posting’s closing date.
- Applicants claiming veterans’ preference must attach a copy of member copy 4 (only) of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214) or other proof of eligibility if claiming 10-point veterans’ preference.
- The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an equal opportunity employer. The USPS provides reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview, and/or selection process, please make your request to the examiner, selecting official or local manager of Human Resources.
- This request can also be made by someone on your behalf. Explain the nature of your limitations and the accommodation needed. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
SPECIAL NOTE: Current career Postal Service employees are ineligible to apply to this posting.